[Xorp-hackers] config.status problem

Selçuk Cevher cevhers at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 21:37:29 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I created a new simple XORP process by creating the main .cc file which
locates the event loop and the other relevant .cc and .hh files which
inherit from the target stub code generated by tgt-gen script. I also
created the .h header file which defines the name and version of this new
module (like static_routes_module.h). I also created .sh file which defines
the XRLs and call the xrl wrapper functions for the xrl interfaces included
in my new process (like xrl_static_routes_shell_funcs.sh). I also created my
own Makefile.am file in xorp/new_process folder following the same structure
of Makefile.am file for static_routes process.
After these, I modified the Makefile.am file in the root folder of XORP
installation to add the new process's folder to SUBDIRS.
And then, I ran bootstrap and configure scripts. However, what I noticed
from the output of configure script is that config.status script skips the
new process's folder while creating Makefiles even though I added it into
SUBDIRS in Makefile.am file in XORP installation folder. Therefore, no
Makefile is generated for the new process.
I manually edited config.status script to force it to create a Makefile for
the new process, but it did not work neither. By the way, config.status
script generated by bootstrap doesn't contain any statement for creating the
Makefile for the new process. It somehow ignores it.

What do you think I am missing ?

Thanks.
Selcuk.