[Xorp-hackers] adding a new process

Selçuk Cevher cevhers at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 08:23:41 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I created a new XORP process following the steps below:

1. Created .xif file in /xorp/xrl/interfaces.
2. Created .tgt file in /xorp/xrl/targets.
3. Generated stub codes using the tgt-gen and clnt-gen.
4. Created the new process folder in xorp.
5. Implemented our own classes inheriting from the base class in the target
stub code.
6. Implemented the main .cc file for the new process.
7. Created Makefile.am for the new process
8. Added the new process's folder into Makefile.am in the root folder of
XORP
9. Added the new process's Makefile into AC_OUTPUT() macro in configure.in

When we run "bootstrap", we see that Makefile.in is generated for the new
process. However, when we run "configure", Makefile for the new process is
not generated.

To fix this problem, do we need to modify anything else ?

Thanks.
Selcuk