[Xorp-hackers] adding a new process

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Apr 4 09:29:55 PDT 2008

Selçuk Cevher <cevhers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I created a new XORP process following the steps below:
>
> 1. Created .xif file in /xorp/xrl/interfaces.
> 2. Created .tgt file in /xorp/xrl/targets.
> 3. Generated stub codes using the tgt-gen and clnt-gen.
> 4. Created the new process folder in xorp.
> 5. Implemented our own classes inheriting from the base class in the target
> stub code.
> 6. Implemented the main .cc file for the new process.
> 7. Created Makefile.am for the new process
> 8. Added the new process's folder into Makefile.am in the root folder of
> XORP
> 9. Added the new process's Makefile into AC_OUTPUT() macro in configure.in
>
> When we run "bootstrap", we see that Makefile.in is generated for the new
> process. However, when we run "configure", Makefile for the new process is
> not generated.
>
> To fix this problem, do we need to modify anything else ?

When you run "configure" you should see messages like the following
toward the end:

configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Jamrules
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating MakefileRootCheck
config.status: creating bgp/Makefile
config.status: creating bgp/harness/Makefile
config.status: creating bgp/tools/Makefile

Is there a line for your new process's Makefile as well?