[Xorp-hackers] xorp_rtrmgr : Floating point exception

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Apr 17 08:14:25 PDT 2008

Selçuk Cevher <cevhers at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that it was a kind of "version mismatch" problem. I actually
> compiled XORP source code including the new process I am trying to add in
> some Linux machine, and had to try to use the compiled code in some other
> Linux machine. When I ran rtrmgr in the machine where I actually compiled
> the xorp source code, I did not get that floating point exception error.
> However, now, although rtrmgr is running, after it starts and then
> configures some of the processes in the current configuration file
> (config.boot) succesfully, it goes into a loop in which it repeatedly tries
> to validate with some XRL with the following message:
>
> Validating with XRL: >finder://new_process_target/common/0.1/get_status<
>
> Apparently, it can not validate it, and keeps trying.

I guess this happens while the rtrmgr is trying to start your new
process. The rtrmgr uses the get_status XRL to check the status of a
process it tries to startup, reconfigure or shutdown, and it is up
to the process to set that status properly.
For example, the status of the process must be PROC_READY before the
rtrmgr considers the process configured and running.

See libxorp/status_codes.h for detailed description of all possible
states.
Also, grep for PROC_ in the static_routes/ directory to see how
those states are used in the StaticRoutes process.

Hope that helps,
Pavlin