[Xorp-hackers] xrl_rip_shell_funcs.sh

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Apr 26 21:06:30 PDT 2008

>  There is shell script(xrl_rip_shell_funcs.sh) in xorp/rip/tools directory.
>  I read in some xorp mail that, this script can be used to configure rip protocol
>  in absence of rtrmgr for analysing the rip process xrls.
>  So can anybody explain in some details how to use this script.
>  what are the different processes should be running in background.

The script contains convenient wrappers for the XRLs that can be
send to the RIP process.
In your own script you need to include first utils/xrl_shell_lib.sh
and then include rip/tools/xrl_rip_shell_funcs.sh .

The RIP process depends on some other processes. See the rtrmgr
template files for the process dependency:
etc/templates/*.tp
The "%modinfi: depends" statements describe the process
dependencies.

The XRL interaction is more complicated to describe.
The rip.tp template contains the XRLs used the rtrmgr to configure
the RIP process. However, first you need to read the rtrmgr design
document to understand the template syntax. Those, together with the
XRL API as described in xrl/interfaces/rip.xif provides all detains
you need.
In addition, if you enable the "XRLTRACE" environmental variable
before running XORP, all transmitted XRLs will be printed (including
those used for configuration during startup).

Hope that helps,