[Xorp-hackers] Adding a XORP Process

Victor Faion vfaion at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 09:56:09 PST 2008

Hello,

I was trying to create a new XORP process by following the guide. I
created an interface (.xif file in /xrl/interfaces) and then added
this to /xrl/intefaces/Makefile.am :

noinst_LTLIBRARIES += libipsfxif.la
libipsfxif_la_SOURCES = ipsf_xif.hh ipsf_xif.cc

Then I was trying to generate the Makefile.in with automake but it
wasn't working. I ran automake from the root folder but I go some
errors:

xrl/interfaces/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
xrl/interfaces/Makefile.am:11:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is
to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
xrl/interfaces/Makefile.am:11:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal'
and `autoconf' again.
xrl/interfaces/Makefile.am:11:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in
`configure.in', make sure
xrl/interfaces/Makefile.am:11:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.

I checked and AC_PROG_LIBTOOL is in configure.in but when I run
aclocal I get these errors

/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17:   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
/usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17:   or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal

and from autoconf I get the following:

configure.in:173: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_SHARED
      See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:174: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_FAST_INSTALL
configure.in:175: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.in:176: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

Not really sure if this is the right way to regenerate the
/xrl/interfaces/Makefile.in from /xrl/interfaces/Makefile.am, perhaps
XORP has its own scripts to do this?