[Xorp-hackers] Generating stub code for the target

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Feb 5 09:52:07 PST 2008

> In the case of static routes.tgt, the file static routes.xrls will
> be generated by tgt-gen. This file simply contains a listing of
> all the fully expanded XRLs supported by the static routes XRL target.
>
> Is there any other use of this .xrls files.
> I mean will this generated .xrls file will be reffred at the time of
> ..la library generation.

On startup, the rtrmgr checks all XRLs used inside the
etc/templates/*.tp template files that they actually exist in some
of the *.xrls files.
In other words, the *.xrls files are used only in runtime.