[Xorp-hackers] Dummy Fea Matters

Francisco Rodriguez f.rodriguez at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 08:52:28 PST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to use XORP to do some experiments and I'm a little bit confused
on where should I start in other to achieve my goal. What I'm looking to do
is to use XORP using the dummy FEA but having the capability to send and
receive IPv4/IPv6 raw packets. Currently I'm not interested in using the
interface management neither the forwarding table management nor the TCP/UDP
I/O packets. I want to use XORP OSPF process with the capacity to exchange
routing packets with other devices (routing packets and in XORP case IPv4/6
raw packets) but without needing to set any packet forwarding features (at
least not in the machine running the OSPF process).

My idea is to use the dummy FEA but modifying its behavior in the case of a
process request to send an IPv4/6 raw packet (OSPF LSA packets) as well as
to any subscription of the process to claim an IPv4/6 raw packet. Any hint
on where could I start would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Francisco