[Xorp-hackers] Dummy Fea Matters

Francisco Rodriguez f.rodriguez at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 04:02:56 PST 2008

Hi Pavlin,

Thanks for the tips. I did what you advised me and it worked fine! Learned
routes through the OSPF process are stored in the RIB but are not installed
in the FEA (as I wanted).

The next step that I'm looking to do is to access the RIB database. I'm not
100% sure if accessing to the RIB has to be done through the use of XRLs or
not. For this, I'm planning to write an application (I guess a sort of XORP
Process) which needs to have the capability to speak to XORP processes, in
this case the RIB, and that make other tasks no related with XORP. Any
insight that you could give me to start this will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Francisco