[Xorp-hackers] rtrmgr

Orion Hodson oho at acm.org
Thu Jan 31 19:09:51 PST 2008

I suspect the missing piece is configuring the components once they
are running. The rtrmgr normally does that using the template files
to convert the users xorp configuration file into a sequence of
process startups and XRL dispatches to configure the individual
processes. There is a program in the tree called "call_xrl" (xorp/
libxipc/call_xrl.cc) that send XRLs to processes from the command line.

Now all that is needed is figuring out which XRLs to dispatch...this
can be done by running with the rtrmgr with the desired configuration
and looking which XRLs it dispatches.  Look at TaskXrlItem::execute
in xorp/rtrmgr/task.cc to see where the XRLs are dispatched in C++.

BTW, call_xrl is slow as a new connection has to be made with the
finder and then there's an XRL resolution for each XRL dispatch.

Cheers
- Orion