[Xorp-hackers] FreeBSD and gif(4) connected route issue

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jul 3 02:15:11 PDT 2008

Interesting observation with FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE, whilst trying to
reproduce someone's informal bug report:

 "connected" routes are not appearing in the routing table for the
network prefixes assigned to gif(4) interfaces, when the network prefix
is other than /32.

 Normally I wouldn't expect this to be a problem, but I am explicitly
assigning them network prefixes in both "ifconfig" and in the XORP
configuration.  If I use /32's, everything is fine.

It's just something you guys might want to keep in mind -- the submitter
had an  OSPF ptp setup and it's been necessary to emulate it.

cheers