[Xorp-hackers] BFD implementation available on XORP

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jul 3 01:40:50 PDT 2008

esa wrote:

> I would like to!
>
> However, I registered this project under GPL, and if understand
> correctly XORP is using some limited BSD license. So, if i understand
> correctly,
>
> - I can do a port on a private copy OR
>
> - To contribute port publicly, I HAVE TO change the license of my work
> to be same as XORP

No, this isn't necessarily the case. Whilst we prefer that contributed
code is placed under the XORP license, there's no reason why you can't
license or even dual-license your code.

However, code which does not use the XORP license can only be placed
under the contrib/ directory and will not become part of the base XORP
install.

Using the XORP license just makes it more likely that we can pick up and
incorporate code, as then there are no license compatibility issues.
You're correct that the XORP license is a BSD derived license.

thanks