[Xorp-hackers] FreeBSD and gif(4) connected route issue

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jul 3 12:20:16 PDT 2008

Bruce M Simpson <bms at incunabulum.net> wrote:

> Interesting observation with FreeBSD 6.3-RELEASE, whilst trying to
> reproduce someone's informal bug report:

Do you see the same behavior with FreeBSD-7.0?

>  "connected" routes are not appearing in the routing table for the
> network prefixes assigned to gif(4) interfaces, when the network prefix
> is other than /32.

I presume you mean the routes are in the kernel, but not in the XORP
"connected" routing table.
If this is the case, then it is probably a bug in XORP.
Please submit a Bugzilla entry with instructions how to reproduce
it.

Pavlin