[Xorp-hackers] question on MLD querier -- rtalert extension header?

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Jul 7 00:22:59 PDT 2008

> It appears to me that MLD query messages do not include the HBH/Router-
> Alert extension header.  I believe this is incorrect.
> (queries need to be processed by non-querier multicast routers on the
> same subnet).  Can somebody very/explain whether
> I have this correct?

Yes, all MLD messages must include the IPv6 Router Alert option.
I just tested it on FreeBSD-7.0, and the Query messages actually
include the Router Alert extension header, so the problem is
probably OS-specific.

If this option is missing in your setup, then this is a bug. In that
case please submit a Bugzilla entry with information how to
reproduce the problem, OS version, etc.

Pavlin
(still waiting for your .config Linux kernel config file :)