[Xorp-hackers] OSPF[46]...

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Jul 23 07:10:45 PDT 2008

Kristian,

I understand your frustration, but, well, it boils down to the same
thing in any sphere of human endeavour -- those who do things,
invariably end up steering where those things go, and there's no
substitute for rolling one's sleeves up and getting involved.

Kristian Larsson wrote:
> The ambition of course being to help XORP into
> world domination. Not being a programmer has
> proven to be somewhat of an obstacle - I've spent
> countless hours going through XORP code and
> eventually just giving up on whatever I had set
> out to do. Coding isn't my ballgame, so what can I
> do to help?

I've been working on a means to build XORP processes (of any kind) in
Python.

Trouble is, I don't have a lot of free time to work on it, although the
idea is pretty clear -- make it possible for people to script things
more readily in a language which is hopefully more accessible.

Maybe that will help?

cheers