[Xorp-hackers] Xorp RPMs

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Jul 24 00:12:08 PDT 2008

> Here's a script that adds the xorp user, sets up the groups
> correctly, and fixes (hacks) a library linkage so that xorp compiled
> on fc5 works on at least fc5 and fc8....

Can you confirm that the library linkage hack is actually needed for
the latest 1.5 code?
For example, the configure mechanism will test for various things
(incl. whether libpcap is installed), and libpcap will be actually
used only if it is available.
The same applies for libcrypto.

Pavlin