[Xorp-hackers] Any interest in OLSRv2?

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jul 31 04:23:50 PDT 2008

Is there any interest in OLSRv2 out there for XORP?

The IETF MANET group is currently reviewing OLSRv2, it's currently an
Internet Draft.

One of the shortcomings of the current implementation is that it doesn't
implement ETX link metrics. Based on what I'm seeing on the MANET list,
there's some argument about how best to proceed as they move towards
Experimental RFC status.

We need not start from scratch if implementing this in XORP -- one of
the strengths of the current implementation is that we can grandfather
in a new encapsulation format.

cheers