[Xorp-hackers] Patches to support multiple multi-cast routing tables in Linux & Xorp

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat Jun 7 07:14:50 PDT 2008

Ben,

Ben Greear wrote:
> I just made a successful transfer between two ports on
> a virtual router using the attached patches to xorp
> and the 2.6.25 linux kernel.
> The kernel at least, still has locking bugs, if nothing
> else.
> I also will probably remove the char unused[32] members
> from the API structs.

I'm glad to hear you have made progress, but frankly I'm a bit scared
that if we took this code, we'd be dragging an old API along with new
functionality.

Granted, folk closer to the MROUTING code might not have free time in
the interim to make the necessary changes for future-proofing the code,
but I hope you would consider taking this on, it makes it that much more
likely that we would be able to take the code in XORP.

cheers