[Xorp-hackers] undefined reference problem

Selçuk Cevher cevhers at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 06:58:57 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I am trying to resolve an undefined reference problem which I had
after integrating some certain functions from area_router.cc with a newly
created xorp process.

To make it work, I also included all the libraries contained in Makefile.am
file of ospf process in my own Makefile.am file.

Even though it successfully compiles after the adaptation of functions from
area_router.cc, it gives "undefined reference" errors while linking some
certain functions such as SingleVarRW::initialize(int const&, Element*),
SingleVarRW::~SingleVarRW(), PolicyTags::PolicyTags(Element const&),
IfMgrIfTree::find_interface(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>,
std::allocator<char> > const&) const, IfMgrXrlMirror::~IfMgrXrlMirror(),
etc. along with some others.

Why doesn't it work even though I exactly use the same libraries as
ospf does ?

Thanks,
Selcuk