[Xorp-hackers] RFC: Use one socket per interface for receiving packets in the FEA.

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sun Mar 2 19:08:13 PST 2008

Ben Greear wrote:

> The new patch is attached.

First of all, thanks for the patch. I'm sure we need to implement
semantics like this.

The patch touches a few places in the xorp-olsr branch where I've
converted MFEA related code to use libcomm functions which had to be
implemented for OLSR support.

BTW, quick question: why do you need to use a XorpFd* instead of a
reference?

XorpFd's constructor guarantees that it is initialized to an invalid
value regardless of the platform it's on, which covers the case where
lazy allocation is needed (a quick read suggests you are lazy allocating
the fd).

I'm sure Pavlin will be in touch soon with more feedback.

cheers
BMS