[Xorp-hackers] RIP configuration mode commands and operation mode commands

Router Switch routernumber1 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Mar 7 20:51:49 PST 2008

Hi All,

  As we know that in XORP we can start a particular protocol
 in isolation, provided the xorp_finder should be in running
 in the background.
 Now lets consider a situation in which processes
 finder,fea,rib,policy and RIP is runing in the background i.e without rtrmgr and xorpsh.

 Now my question is:
  1)can we set all the required parameter to configure
  RIP through linux cli.
 2)can we get the value of all these configuration parameter
 through linux cli.

 if "yes" please write in details how (which method to call  and
 how).
  i got some configuration related methods in xrl_target_rip.hh
 can we call these methods ? will it work?

  Thanks & Regards  Arjun Prasad