[Xorp-hackers] Question on fea's use of sendmsg

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Mar 9 01:12:38 PST 2008

> Also, I noticed that the sender socket had a large amount of packets
> in it's rx buffer because nothing ever reads it.  I added code to set
> it's rx buflen to only 8k, and I'm now adding logic to read & discard
> those packets in case they are somehow jamming up the system due to
> consuming too many kernel buffers.

FYI, there was a bug in the I/O code in the FEA: the size of the rx
buflen was increased instead of the tx buflen for sockets used for
transmission. The bug is now fixed in CVS.

Regards,