[Xorp-hackers] Update FEA patch for one-socket per descriptor.

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Mar 14 08:31:42 PDT 2008

> >> The multicast changes fix a race in interface removal
> >> (iface is removed before OSPF notices and removes the
> >> multicast binds, and since the iface is gone, fea can no
> >> longer run the unbind logic.)  This is probably less
> >> critical when running one socket per iface, since the
> >> entire socket will already be cleaned up.
> >
> > Is this a race that is in the vanilla FEA?
> > If yes, what is the sequence of events/commands we can use to
> > reproduce it?
>
> Yes.  I think all you have to do is remove an interface
> that was previously configured via xorpsh from the interface
> cfg, commit, then remove it from ospf config.  When
> you remove it from ospf, it tries to unregister the multicast
> addrs, but fea has already deleted the iface, so it cannot
> figure out how to unregister.
>
> We discussed this months ago..I'll try to find those emails,
> as the above scenario is just from memory....

No need to search for those emails. From your description above I
understand the issue. It is something we are aware of and is not
specific to OSPF. The current work-around is that if you want to
delete an interface, you need to do it first at the protocol level,
commit, and then do it at the interface level.

Anyway, please add the description for the above issue to the
Bugzilla entry you are going to create.