[Xorp-hackers] Trivial fix

Jonathan Day imipak at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 13:25:15 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'll get the Windows patches sorted out as a single
unit. For now, however, there's a trivial fix needed
in strptime.c. It includes strings.h automatically,
whether or not configure found it. This needs to be
replaced with the following:

#ifdef HAVE_STRINGS_H
#include <strings.h>
#else
#include <string.h>
#endif

There seem to be some issues with POSIX vs. ISO C99
calls vs. secure alternatives to standard functions,
but I'm still trying to figure out the "best" solution
to this as this would touch a lot of source. I need to
come up with a solution, as Windows complains bitterly
about older calls, but it would be better if any
version submitted into the main source tree was agreed
on as the (nominally) best solution.

Jonathan Day

Jonathan