[Xorp-hackers] OSPF assert scenario.

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Mar 26 14:25:18 PDT 2008

I have another OSPF assert scenario.

First two can happen in either order, but close in time.

1  New interface is configured in fea and ospf via xorpsh
2  New interface is discovered by FEA observer and/or polling.

3  ospf learns the interface really exists and sends msg to fea
    to register an mcast addr.
4  interface is removed from OS and FEA notices
5  fea receives msg from ospf to register mcast addr
6  Cannot find iface, so return error, and OSPF aborts.

I can fix this easily enough by just not asserting when
OSPF notices the failure, but thought I'd post the scenario
while it was fresh in my head.