[Xorp-hackers] how to add a new command into XORP

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Oct 30 09:27:22 PDT 2008

Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello <samuellucas at datacom.ind.br> wrote:

> 周杰 wrote:
> >
> >     Hi ,XORP,
> >
> >      I am working to add a new process to Xorp.
> >     However, now ,I want to know how to add a
> >     new command into xorp.
> >     could someone help me?
> >     thank you very much!!
> >

> Hi 周杰,
>
> Take a look in etc/templates/*.cmds files. They define the commands that xorpsh issues. These commands are sent to the target process by send_cli_processor_xrl, where they should be handled by the implementation of cli_processor.xif interface.

Small clarification:
Che send_cli_processor_xrl mechanism is a wrapper for (mostly) the
multicast-related "show" commands, and that mechanism will disappear
in the future. You should have your own program(s) handling the "show"
commands, and should not rely on the send_cli_processor_xrl program.

Pavlin