[Xorp-hackers] About misc.cmds

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Sep 24 06:02:58 PDT 2008

ÑîС˧ wrote:
> Hi,
>      I added a new operational command, telnet, by modify the
> misc.cmds. But when I use the telnet in the XORPshell, There is
> nothing responsive. And the telnet can be used normally in shell.
>      My OS is Debian. And, the complete command is telnet 127.0.0.1.

I haven't looked at that code in a while, as far as I remember the
xorpsh does not attempt to save all the terminal state when operational
commands are run.

It is likely that commands which need to take control of the terminal
will not work, as commands are normally run through pipes.

If this is a problem for you then you may wish to review that code and
come up with a patch. So far, there hasn't been a requirement for us, as
all the XORP operational commands just use stdout/stdin/stderr and don't
use POSIX termios or other features, AFAIK.

regards