[Xorp-hackers] ospf4 and ospf6 can not apply export policy at the same time

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Fri Dec 4 08:50:29 PST 2009

Li Zhao wrote:
> I do not know how to report to Trac ticket yet. But my config is like this:
>
> 1. create a policy like "static-to-ospf" { from { protocol static} then { accept} }.
>
> 2. apply to ospf4 by " protocol ospf4 export static-ospf " I can use "show ospf4 database" see these ipv4 external LSAs related to ipv4 static routes.
>
> 3. then apply to ospf6 via "protocol ospf6 0 export static-to-ospf", "show
> ospf6 database" looks fine. But "show ospf4 databse" will not show previous
> ipv4 extrenal LSAs, even if I use different policy names that does not help.
>
> 4. if i remove policy from ospf6 "delete protocol ospf6 export". The ipv4 external LSAs are coiming back automatically.
>
> I am going though the ospf and policy codes to see why?

Thanks for digging into this. From what you've described, it sounds like
the issue may be in policy.

Both ospf4 and ospf6 should register separate origin tables with the RIB
process. These tables are completely separate (inside RIB, v6 and v4 are
implemented as separate instances of Rib).

Static routes, however, get redistributed via policy. If policy is using
the same tag(s) to tell if/when it already did a redist, that is the
most likely root cause.

cheers,