[Xorp-hackers] ospf4 and ospf6 can not apply export policy at the same time

Li Zhao lizhaous2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 09:27:33 PST 2009

I am not quite familiar with xorp code. But based on my past experiences
and common sense I am guessing ospf4 and ospf6 should register with
policy/rib separately even though they can share the same policy cli name.
When I debug ospf4, I found policy_redist4_0_1_delete_route4 was called
after I apply same policy to ospf6. I am tracing who is the client side
which might be policy. Another thing, if I redistribute static to ospf4, but redistribute connected to ospf6, then ospf6 won't collide with ospf4
and ospf4 looks fine. If i have same redistribute same protocol no matter
it is static or connected into ospf4 and ospf6, ospf4 is always shaken
down.