[Xorp-hackers] Problems with Mkdir

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Fri Dec 4 10:04:42 PST 2009

Ben Greear wrote:
> It seemed to work for me, but I didn't check too close.  I'll make
> sure it can
> build from clean objs dir as well.

I am trying to resolve the issue now before I leave for the day.
Can you please paste the exact error message you get with Mkdir()?

Part of the problem is that the Execute() method in SCons, has to be
used to ensure that the action gets executed there and then, before it
goes off to service the rest of its dependency graph.
Execute() expects a SCons 'Action' object, rather than a Python function
(at least in r20090223, which is what I'm using at the moment).
So just substituting a normal Python function, doesn't work (at least here).

The Fedora 8 version of SCons you call out seems to be sourced here:
    http://scons.tigris.org/source/browse/scons/tags/1.2.0/src/engine/SCons/

...that's r3843, release 1.2.0; r3842 looks to be right before they
tagged the release.

This is the version I am running (from FreeBSD ports):
    http://scons.tigris.org/source/browse/scons/tags/1.2.0.d20090223/

Sure enough, here's the problem:

http://scons.tigris.org/source/browse/scons/tags/1.2.0/src/engine/SCons/Defaults.py?view=diff&p1=tags%2F1.2.0.d20090223%2Fsrc%2Fengine%2FSCons%2FDefaults.py&r1=4045&p2=tags%2F1.2.0%2Fsrc%2Fengine%2FSCons%2FDefaults.py&r2=3843&diff_format=h

It looks like the fix went in between those two releases.

I'll see what can be done about forward porting a patch.

It seems like Fedora 8 is lagging a bit behind with packages, is there a
backport system of some kind in that distribution?

thanks,