[Xorp-hackers] ospf4 and ospf6 can not apply export policy at the same time

Li Zhao lizhaous2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 10:24:13 PST 2009

I understand how these tags are used now. The problem for redistributing static routes into
both ospf4 and ospf6 was when static_routes prepared routes before pushing the routes into the rib.
in IvExec::run, there will be two policies. The first one is always ospf6 policy and second is ospf4 policy.
when terms are processed, there are 8 instructions for each policy to be run.
Somehow the second (ospf4) policy exited from running terms in function
IvExec::Visit(NaryInstr &) because t->val() == false.
So the routes had one tag, which is ospf4 tag, left out!
I am wondering why the two similar policies have different t->val().

Li