[Xorp-hackers] XRL Template

Victor Faion vfaion at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:09:04 PST 2009

Hello,

I was trying to make an XRL that would get called when my XORP process
starts which would set all the neighbours of the router. I wanted to
be able to list all the neighbours' IP addresses in the XORP
configuration file that is read when xorp_rtrmgr starts and have them
passed to my process in an XrlAtomList.

In my interface file I have this:

set_neighbours ? neighbours:list

and in my template file I have this:

%activate: xrl "$(bpsf.targetname)/bpsf/0.1/set_neighbours?neighbours:list=$(@)";

I generated the functions from the interface and implemented them in
my process, but XORP doesn't like the template file (the only thing I
changed in it to make it stop working was adding the line above):

[ 2009/02/06 22:59:03  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:8107 RTRMGR +369
main_rtrmgr.cc run ] rtrmgr shutting down due to an init error: PARSE
ERROR [Config File /root/project/xorp1.6/install/config.boot, line
54]: syntax error; Last symbol parsed was "neighbours"

Is it possible to list the neighbours this way or should I be doing
something else?

Victor