[Xorp-hackers] Computing shortest path trees

Victor Faion vfaion at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:07:14 PST 2009

Hello,

I was trying to compute a shortest path tree starting at each router
in my network using the Spt class from libproto. I made the nodes of
type IPv4 and the cost associated with an edge is the RTT between
those routers. I don't understand how to use the result given by
Spt::compute (a list of RouteCmd<IPv4>). Are these operations that
must be performed on the whole graph (i.e. everything I've added to
the Spt object on which I call the compute function), and if so is
there a function that does this? Or does the compute function itself
prune the graph?

Thanks,
Victor