[Xorp-hackers] bgp development

Aleksandar Cvjetic aleksandar.cvjetic at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:44:51 PST 2009

Hello everyone,

As a beginner in open source development, I need some instructions in order
to start implementation of a new BGP feature. That one should be an academic
project in order to test possibility of BGP to announce more than one
route for a destination network. So, if a BGP router receives two (or more)
routes for a destination prefix, it should announce all of them through
iBGP, if those are received from different AS with MED attributes.
Because I'm also new in C++ programming (but experienced in
networking:-)), can somebody help me with following question:
- How and where to start reading bgp code in order to find out which
class(es) and objects in the code I need to reference to and compile with my
future code?  This would be very helpful to me because it's difficult to
read and understand entire code. I suppose, this is first step after clear
formulation of idea:).

Thanks a lot!
Alex