[Xorp-hackers] building xorp

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Jan 14 05:11:35 PST 2009

Ali,

amatin at cox.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to XORP and would like to build it on Windows. Could anybody tell me what do I need for building (compile and link) everything on windows platform and what steps I should take. I appreciate any help I can get.

Everything you need to know should be under BUILD_NOTES in the top level
directory of the XORP source code.

There are a bunch of packages which are needed and they need to be
installed in just the right order. After that, you may need to patch the
MinGW w32api headers.

I hope you can appreciate it wasn't easy getting XORP to build with a
free compiler under Windows :-) If there are any problems, send email to
the list.

thanks