[Xorp-hackers] OLSR seems to be mostly working, but no subnet routes

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Thu Jul 9 10:12:46 PDT 2009

On 07/09/2009 08:26 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> Bruce Simpson wrote:
>> Ben Greear wrote:
>>> Looks like I need to figure out how to do this HNA thing then.  It
>>> doesn't do me so much good to talk
>>> to just routers...I really want to talk to systems connected to them,
>>> thus the need for somehow propagating
>>> subnet routes.
>> Redistributing routes, from another XORP protocol into OLSR, using
>> policies, will redistribute them as HNA routes.
> Any idea how to do this with normal subnet routes?   I don't even think
> Xorp creates these, though it can certainly
> read and display them.

This seems to work:

policy {
     policy-statement static-to-olsr {
         term export {
             from {
                 protocol: "static"
             }
             then {
                 metric: 0
             }
         }
     }

     policy-statement connected-to-olsr {
         term export {
             from {
                 protocol: "connected"
             }
             then {
                 metric: 0
             }
         }
     }
}

     olsr4 {
         /* Redistribute static routes */
         export: "static-to-olsr,connected-to-olsr"
         main-address: 10.2.2.2

Thanks!
Ben