[Xorp-hackers] dynamic BGP peering

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Jul 15 17:00:29 PDT 2009

Hi Maher,

First places I'd start looking:
    Are you able to statically configure at least one end of the peering?
    Is the BGP session being opened at TCP level (i.e. are sockets
coming up, do SYN packets flow) ?
    I'd also check the AS settings -- are these peers in the same AS, or
a different AS?

Maher Kaddoura wrote:
> Can someone please let me know what calls I need to use to make the new
> peers exchange update messages (for example export rip routes)?  An example
> of the calls would be very helpful.

The way to learn what BGP is doing is to follow what the Router Manager
does when setting up a BGP peering, after the xorpsh has performed a
commit. By enabling the debugging log statements (see configure for now)
you should be able to do that.

cheers,
BMS