[Xorp-hackers] Getting Mrt and Mfc information from PIM

Chintan Shah schintan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:45:14 PDT 2009

 Hello,

We are implementing a separate process in xorp for multicast fast repair.
For this process, I need the Mrt and Mfc information exactly as it is in the
PIM process.   I also needed the Mrib information but that was much easier
to get
because of the route redistribution mechanism in the RIB process.
>From what I see, there are about 55 events that can change the
state of the Mrt table.  This would be very difficult to track in a separate
process without
any redistribution  mechanism. I wanted to ask if there is any centralized
mechanism in the
PIM process to make the changes in the Mrt table that I could follow and use
to inform
my process whenever there is a change in the table entry. Or if there can be
some other
alternative.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,