[Xorp-hackers] Compile problems for Xorp on Fedora 11.

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Jun 25 09:51:51 PDT 2009

Hi Ben,

What is radically different about Fedora's shipping GCC compiler that
requires these changes -- have they moved to a radically newer version?
Pardon my ignorance, I don't use Fedora.

The #ident pragma is useful as it's a compiler mandated way of embedding
object IDs in which can then be retrieved using the 'ident' command from
binutils (or compatible toolchains). It even works with MinGW in Windows.

Whilst #ident is not part of the current ISO C++ standard, it has been
generally supported by most UNIX C++ compilers for years. So this
strikes me more as a regression on Fedora's part.

Can we be sure that this isn't due to a change in Fedora's shipped gcc
spec file?

thanks,