[Xorp-hackers] Timer Event

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin at ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Mar 11 02:07:08 PDT 2009

michael anonyme <michael_anonyme at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to add an event to the EventLoop :
>
> _timeOutVal(TimeVal(10,0)) is initialized in constructor.
>
> I would like that after 10 seconds, Xorp run test_cb method, but it doesn't seems to work.
>
> XorpTimer t = _eventloop.new_oneoff_after(_timeOutVal,callback(this,&ConsensusMain::test_cb));
>
> void ConsensusMain::test_cb() {
>        XLOG_INFO("RUN TEST CALLBACK!!!!!\n");
> }
>
> What did I do wrong??

If the "XorpTime t" object is destroyed (e.g., if it goes out of
scope), then the timer itself on the eventloop is also destroyed.
You need to save it somewhere (e.g., as a private field in the
ConsensusMain class).

Hope that helps,