[Xorp-hackers] Callback/Python

Isaac isaacnskb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 02:39:18 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

We are currently trying to dial a PPP connection when a router goes down.
We are thinking about developing a callback to accomplish this.  I am new to
XORP development so I would really appreciate if someone can point me in the
right direction.  Here are some of my questions:

1) Can a callback be setup to monitor routes?  Can this be accomplished
through SNMP?  This will allow us to start our PPP script.
2) Our development is mainly done in Python.  If we have to develop a
callback, what would be the best approach to write as much from Python?

Thanks in advanced.

--
Isaac