[Xorp-hackers] TCP connection

illidan illidan at lineway.net
Sat Mar 21 08:15:03 PDT 2009

Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> illidan <illidan at lineway.net> wrote:
>

>> Hello.
>>
>> I'm writing a routing protocol in Xorp, and I use socket4 library.
>>
>> I use tcp connection, so I used "send_tcp_open_bind_connect" function.
>> But I get a little problem with this function, It ask two local
>> arguments : IP and Port.
>>
>> But in my case, I don't use the local socket which is open with this
>> function ( I have already another connection running ).
>> And my routers in general have more than one interface, which means
>> more than one local IP.
>>
>> Would it be possible to create a TCP connection without create a
>> local socket like this?
>>

> Try setting the local_addr and local_port to zero.
>
> Regards,
> Pavlin
>

>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michael

Hello,
Thanks for your answer.
I try this :
send_tcp_open_and_bind("fea",_rtr.instance_name(),NULL,NULL,cb)

But I get this error :
InvalidString from line 77 of ipv4.cc -> Null value
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'InvalidString'
[ 2009/03/21 16:11:41  ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:14823 RTRMGR +1405 task.cc
execute_done ] 210 Transport failed

:(
Best regards,
Michael