[Xorp-hackers] autotool

Li Zhao lizhaous2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 12 07:40:18 PST 2009

Sorry, I don't know what SCons is. I modified xorp building process a little bit.
Each file needed to build a libarary is compiled in two versions (PIC and non-PIC) and SOME library is built
in both static and shared form after I add "-rpath /usr/local/xorp/lib"
since my platform (LINUX VM on x86) supports shared library.

My initial plan was to build xorp executibles selectively i.e. my new protocol
process would be built linking shared libaries and the original xorp
processes would be built linking static
libaries. But it is not that easy to achieve this. So if one library has
a shared version, the shared libary will be linked with each process which
depends on it. So some processes are linked with some libaries which are
shared but with others which are static.
The build is running good. Now I am testing if they are working as before.