[Xorp-hackers] Installed XORP image layout; rtld linker origin

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Nov 26 13:35:48 PST 2009

Bruce Simpson wrote:
> ...I am using shared library builds, mostly to save on disk space and
> CPU on link during hacking. Regressions don't work for shared=true; rtld
> can't find the XORP libraries.  The tests build, but cannot be run. They
> aren't intended to be installed, but the RPATH still needs to get fixed.
> I'm working on a patch to deal with this situation now, and have just
> checked in the first part of it.

SVN revision 11587 on trunk should resolve this issue.

Regression test binaries are now built with the RPATH set correctly, and
regression tests should run when 'shared=true'.

This has been tested on FreeBSD 7.2 only, for now. The change is ELF
specific, not FreeBSD specific, so I believe it should work correctly
under Linux.

thanks,