[Xorp-hackers] Hi,all. Is this a bug or just a mistake config?

cheng wan wancheng82 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 20:49:29 PST 2009

Hi,
All.

Attachment is my template files for CLI.
I did this test on version 1.6, and it was 100% reproduced.

The steps to reproduce the problem:
1)copy this test.tp to xorp/etc/templates
2)start rtrmgr
3)start xorpshell
4)Just "set login announcement <text>"  and "commit", it is OK.
rwan at localhost# set login announcement mm
[edit]
rwan at localhost# commit
OK
[edit]
rwan at localhost# commit
No configuration changes to commit.
[edit]
rwan at localhost# set login announcement nn
[edit]
rwan at localhost# commit
OK
[edit]
rwan at localhost# set login announcement ll
[edit]
rwan at localhost# commit
OK
[edit]
5)But when  "save" the configuration, and then "set login annmoucement
<text>", the problem will come out.
rwan at localhost# save rwan.boot
Save done.
rwan at localhost# set login announcement oo
[edit]
rwan at localhost# commit
Commit Failed
sh: cannot create /tmp/a.txt: Permission denied
Command "/bin/echo": exited with exit status 2.[edit]

Thank you.
Robin