[Xorp-hackers] rtrmgr and TaskManager

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Oct 5 15:34:51 PDT 2009

On 10/05/2009 02:54 PM, Ben Greear wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out why xorpsh commits take so long, and in doing so,
> I'm trying to understand the TaskManager.
>
> There is one part that is particularly confusing:
>
> There is a _completion_cb that is assigned when a task is queued up, but
> the next task to run isn't necessarily that task if there are other higher
> priority tasks running.
>
> Seems like that could be a problem to me?

Well, here's the slow-down I'm seeing..but WTF would someone add a 1-second
sleep here???

task.cc:  XrlStatusValidation::validate
    } else {
	//
	// When we're running with do_exec == false, we want to
	// exercise most of the same machinery, but we want to ensure
	// that the xrl_done response gets the right arguments even
	// though we're not going to call the XRL.
	//
	_retry_timer = eventloop().new_oneoff_after_ms(1000,
			callback(this, &XrlStatusValidation::dummy_response));
     }
}