[Xorp-hackers] Pending SCons configure change

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Fri Oct 9 11:58:04 PDT 2009

On 10/09/2009 08:30 AM, J.T. Conklin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a change to the SCons command line option/variable processing
> pending in my workspace that should be ready to commit this weekend,
> and I wanted to give everyone the heads up (and a chance to voice
> objections).

This all sounds fine to me.  One small gripe about scons in general:

I liked the old ./configure method because you figured out your
configuration once, and then all you had to do was type 'make'
and not remember all of your options each build.

I wonder if you could set up scons to do something like:

scons config foo=bar blah=baz ...

This would write out a small config file with the supplied
options.

Then, when you run 'scons', it would read the config file
if exists and use that configuration.