[Xorp-hackers] static xrl interface calls

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Tue Oct 13 13:36:08 PDT 2009

On 10/13/2009 12:22 PM, Li Zhao wrote:
> That was my first plan. But I thought I do not want unnecessay complexities related to config control, so I tried to first ask rtrmgr to start static_routes, then use the channel between daemon and static_routes directly to update static routes. But a big problem is that if a user use xorpsh CLI to "delete protocol static", then my daemon will not only lose the channel to static_routes which is terminated by CLI, but also will lose all the static routes installed by my daemon. Basically xorpsh CLI sessions can not cooperate with my daemon.
>
> I am still looking for a good design.

If your daemon communicates to xorp through xorpsh, it seems like it would work OK.

A user could always screw something by manually messing with xorpsh (or
doing worse things on the linux command-line, for example).

Maybe you are worried about concurrent xorpsh usage by your script and
a user?  I'm not sure how that would work..but I can imagine it being
a problem.