[Xorp-hackers] set_command_map

Bruce Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Thu Oct 22 04:21:48 PDT 2009

Li Zhao wrote:
> I have a process which has a class implemented interface socket4_user/0.1.
> I have wait_until_xrl_router_is_ready. But if I leave out set_command_map, then send_bind and send_listen does not really work properly. That is the packets delivered to the sockets are not passed to my implemented function
> socket4_user_0_1_inbound_connect_event or socket4_user_0_1_recv_event.

The command map is used implicitly by the XRL target stubs. All
instances of XrlRouter embed a default implementation of it, which just
shims to the basic functionality required by any process speaking XRL
internally.

Normally set_command_map() is called 'behind the scenes' by the XRL
target stub, and there's no need to override it. However, if you are
making an XRL endpoint look like a target on the fly, or need to switch
between multiple XRL target implementations *in the same process*, you
will need to call this method directly.