[Xorp-hackers] Using Java Native Interference with XORP

mahendra nunna mnunna0 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 22:36:51 PDT 2009

hi

I want to modify the xorp. Considering the complexities involved in the
modification of native XORP code, it was proposed to use Java code on top of
XORP, Use interfaces and manage the XORP behaviour through Java code.
It could either be done as
1. Implementing the Java code and the native XORP code in the same process,
using Java Native Interface (Faster Processing)
2. or having the java code and the native XORP code run in seperate process,
using Inter Process Communication.

 is it good to do this... or should we proceed modifying the native xorp
code and compile it

Please advise us on this .... we need your opinion about this....

thanks

mahen